What pedal does noel use in the first stand by me part.

Discuss the band's gear

Postby whl94 » 22 Dec 2009, 22:19

The bit that goes on for ages may bt it.
whl94
Bonehead

Postby kickinupastorm » 23 Dec 2009, 15:42

You mean where he slides down the neck to the 3rd fret on E string and holds it? That's just overdrive and amp feedback.
kickinupastorm
Bonehead

You mean where he slides down the neck to the 3rd fret on E string and holds it? That's just overdrive and amp feedback.
kickinupastorm
Bonehead

kickinupastorm
Bonehead

Postby Rfender » 23 Dec 2009, 17:11

kickinupastorm wrote:You mean where he slides down the neck to the 3rd fret on E string and holds it? That's just overdrive and amp feedback.

Sounds like some Fuzz to me maybe a bit of both , not sure i dont play with fuzz
Rfender
Bonehead

Postby kickinupastorm » 27 Dec 2009, 23:16

Doesn't sound like a traditional fuzz, and I've not heard of Noel ever using a fuzz. There's certainly none used on any songs prominently, if at all. Check out the Noel Gallagher gear list on Dolphin Music. Its just overdrive, and the note rings into harmonic feedback.
kickinupastorm
Bonehead

Postby Rfender » 28 Dec 2009, 08:31

kickinupastorm wrote:Doesn't sound like a traditional fuzz, and I've not heard of Noel ever using a fuzz. There's certainly none used on any songs prominently, if at all. Check out the Noel Gallagher gear list on Dolphin Music. Its just overdrive, and the note rings into harmonic feedback.

Noel did use fuzz. Mainly during the Be here now period so thats why i suggested it might be fuzz.

He used an Coloursound tonebender fuzz if iam correct. Jordie would know. Jordie!?
Rfender
Bonehead

Postby jordiegallagher » 01 Jan 2010, 16:24

Rfender wrote:
kickinupastorm wrote:Doesn't sound like a traditional fuzz, and I've not heard of Noel ever using a fuzz. There's certainly none used on any songs prominently, if at all. Check out the Noel Gallagher gear list on Dolphin Music. Its just overdrive, and the note rings into harmonic feedback.

Noel did use fuzz. Mainly during the Be here now period so thats why i suggested it might be fuzz.

He used an Coloursound tonebender fuzz if iam correct. Jordie would know. Jordie!?

yeah mate he did use a coloursound in the studio for be here now.
my guess would be that it was just his marshall jcm 900 on full volume and gain and just getting feedback.
jordiegallagher
Headshrinker

Postby cormacmurphy1991 » 02 Mar 2010, 01:11

id say he uses his ibanez tube screamer pedal !! ive got 1 and it sounds exactly like this
cormacmurphy1991
Bonehead

Return to The Gear