First Guitar

Discuss the band's gear

First Guitar

Postby oasisrosesbeatles » 28 Feb 2010, 10:00

I have a 10 year old classical guitar with strings which don't tune which has been sitting in the attic for the whole of it's life. I've only recent got interested in learning and playing stuff on that guitar just doesn't sound right (Don't know if it's me or the guitar) so I'm going to buy a good guitar because I want to take this seriously.

I'm currently looking at the epiphone ej200 as I'm sure I've seen Liam play in somewhere and alot of people who play Oasis covers on Youtube have it. Advice please guys.
oasisrosesbeatles
Bonehead

First Guitar

Postby colaking » 28 Feb 2010, 13:25

oasisrosesbeatles wrote:I have a 10 year old classical guitar with strings which don't tune which has been sitting in the attic for the whole of it's life. I've only recent got interested in learning and playing stuff on that guitar just doesn't sound right (Don't know if it's me or the guitar) so I'm going to buy a good guitar because I want to take this seriously.

I'm currently looking at the epiphone ej200 as I'm sure I've seen Liam play in somewhere and alot of people who play Oasis covers on Youtube have it. Advice please guys.
great guitar,get it,although some people on here say the epi's are crap i think you should try it out first before buying
colaking
Bonehead

First Guitar

oasisrosesbeatles wrote:I have a 10 year old classical guitar with strings which don't tune which has been sitting in the attic for the whole of it's life. I've only recent got interested in learning and playing stuff on that guitar just doesn't sound right (Don't know if it's me or the guitar) so I'm going to buy a good guitar because I want to take this seriously.

great guitar,get it,although some people on here say the epi's are crap i think you should try it out first before buying
colaking
Bonehead

First Guitar

colaking
Bonehead

First Guitar

Postby diegol10 » 11 Mar 2010, 22:53

For an acoustic guitar I recommend that if you like Oasis. Good guitar and you look like Noel.
diegol10
Bonehead

First Guitar

Postby Jarvis1 » 11 Mar 2010, 23:37

For a first guitar, the looks shouldn't be too important. If you don't like how the guitar sounds and feels, the looks shouldn't make you buy it. I don't know about epiphones, they might be good, but try different mmodels. Yamaha's are a good choice, not too expensive, but they're good guitars.
Jarvis1
Headshrinker

Return to The Gear