The Movie Thread -- all are welcome!

Discuss general topics unrelated to Oasis

The Movie Thread -- all are welcome!

Postby yokel » 16 Dec 2015, 13:46

We had some solid recommendations going on there and I feel getting it going again would be good all round.

inet on the whole has very good taste in movies I have found in the past.
Last edited by yokel on 17 Dec 2015, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
yokel
Headshrinker

Re: Can someone find the old movie thread?

Postby johnmartinmarr » 17 Dec 2015, 16:27

i could share all the movies i "liked" on fb... they're all good to me
johnmartinmarr
Bonehead

Re: The Movie Thread -- all are welcome!

Postby yokel » 17 Dec 2015, 16:47

f**k it, let's just start a new one then. I'm interested in everyone's findings, good or bad :)

I watched this last week and it blew my mind, great f**king movie man.

yokel
Headshrinker

Postby excelgum » 17 Dec 2015, 18:51

Alicia Vikander is cute as sh.it....I desperately wanna sniff her....I bet she smells nice.

The Golden Globe nominations were announced last week....those are the movies I'm gonna be watching. Ex-Machina is one of them, fyi. I'm looking forward to watching Carol and Room. I also kinda wanna see Joy and Brooklyn. All of these movies contain cute, badass chicks and that's why I wanna see 'em. I know JMM wants to see Carol too 'cause we both lesbians stuck in male bodies.
excelgum
Headshrinker

Postby yokel » 17 Dec 2015, 21:15

Aren't the mainstream awards like the Globes and the Oscars a bit s**t though? I mean, I don't want to take away anyone's right to enjoy some fun and razamatazz and have a good time on the night, but the bodies of critics and suits that are in charge of the ceremonies are full of s**t. I certainly wouldn't rush out to watch a movie solely based on the fact it was nominated for a mainstream award.

Forrest Gump beating Pulp Fiction and Shawshank
Titanic beating Good Will Hunting
The Hurt Locker beating absolutely every single other movie that was made that year

Just a couple of examples that the awards ceremonies, the mainstream ones at least, are f**king garbage.

I've just looked at the nominees for Golden Globe best picture and Mad Max Fury Road is nominated ffs :lol:
yokel
Headshrinker

Postby excelgum » 18 Dec 2015, 00:56

No I think the Golden Globes and Oscars are legit....I certainly take their recommendations, no problemo jose canseco. You haven't listed any bad movies. Mad Max movies are not my cup of tea but that movie was highly critically acclaimed, has an 8.2 on imdb and Christy Lemire (my wife) gave it a 4/4 so it can't be that bad...and Tom Hardy is in it...I thought you wanted to lick his balls?
excelgum
Headshrinker

Postby yokel » 18 Dec 2015, 07:12

excelgum wrote:No I think the Golden Globes and Oscars are legit....I certainly take their recommendations, no problemo jose canseco. You haven't listed any bad movies. Mad Max movies are not my cup of tea but that movie was highly critically acclaimed, has an 8.2 on imdb and Christy Lemire (my wife) gave it a 4/4 so it can't be that bad...and Tom Hardy is in it...I thought you wanted to lick his balls?

The Hurt Locker, Titanic and Forrest Gump were all pretty darn crappy flicks. Below average at best. Just my opinion. The fact that they won best picture at the Oscars just helps contribute to me thinking that those mainstream awards things are a bit of a corporate back slapping exercise yknow? When you look at what they were up against, it makes it so much worse.

I think Tom Hardy great! It doesn't mean I'm going to adore all of his output without having an opinion. The new Mad Max was ok, I'd rather watch it again than Titanic that's for sure :D but having it in a best picture category?! Noooooooo no no no. No.

The Tarantino is out in a coupla weeks, excited for that 8-)
yokel
Headshrinker

Postby yokel » 18 Dec 2015, 07:17

I watched this last night, a few years old but had never seen it before.
Have a bit of a soft spot for Ben Affleck even though everyone else seems to hate him. I thought this was good, mainly cos it was a true story. Tense as f**k as they were going through the airport!
yokel
Headshrinker

Postby excelgum » 18 Dec 2015, 08:11

yokel wrote:The Hurt Locker, Titanic and Forrest Gump were all pretty darn crappy flicks. Below average at best.

Lmao no.

Argo was pretty good.
excelgum
Headshrinker

Postby yokel » 18 Dec 2015, 08:27

excelgum wrote:
yokel wrote:The Hurt Locker, Titanic and Forrest Gump were all pretty darn crappy flicks. Below average at best.

Lmao no.

Difference of opinion I guess. I could sit through Gump again if it was on the TV and the family wanted to get with it. Tom Hanks is always pleasant. But Titanic and Hurt Locker eugh...just, no.
yokel
Headshrinker

Next

Return to General