The Movie Thread -- all are welcome!

Discuss general topics unrelated to Oasis

Re: The Movie Thread -- all are welcome!

Postby johnmartinmarr » 12 Jan 2016, 14:43

yeah loved it! just as racist as those towelheads are the bad guys movies but still hella fun

watched the visit (shyamalan sucks but this was actually damn decent)
beasts of no nation was real good (i'm idris elba irl)

i've had the hateful eight, the big short, youth, suffragette, spectre, black mass, etc downloaded for quite a few days now but haven't been able to watch them cuz i've depression lmfao, but will get round to it soon.

paper towns was a nice retarded rich americans coming of age movie with beautiful young people and places in it, i liked that too
johnmartinmarr
Bonehead

Postby excelgum » 12 Jan 2016, 19:38

Oscar nominations come out in 2 days....then you'll know which movies to make a priority. ;)
excelgum
Headshrinker

Postby yokel » 13 Jan 2016, 00:01

I went to the cinema and saw The Hateful Eight on the day it came out. I have to say I was quite disappointed. It isn't a bad movie, the performances and characters in particular are top notch, with a twisty turny plot that has a pretty decent payload in the last act. But holy s**t is it sloooooow. There are long portions of the movie that feel bloated and a bit pointless, and the dialogue is definitely not the same fizzy witty Tarantino that we are used to. I can't help but feel if he had trimmed the 3 hour running time down, stripped away some of the filler and made it more fast paced, we would have a classic Tarantino on our hands. As it stands, I'd probably rank it as one of his poorest offerings.
yokel
Headshrinker

Postby excelgum » 13 Jan 2016, 09:16

Fight Club appreciation post. Who knew this movie would be appreciated by the mainstream public, it has all the hallmarks of being an underground movie lol!! This is a movie that never gets old, with each viewing you realize how twisted and f.ucked up it is. It is a gem. I can post about my fave movies in this thread, right? :)
excelgum
Headshrinker

Postby yokel » 13 Jan 2016, 13:04

excelgum wrote:
Fight Club appreciation post. Who knew this movie would be appreciated by the mainstream public, it has all the hallmarks of being an underground movie lol!! This is a movie that never gets old, with each viewing you realize how twisted and f.ucked up it is. It is a gem. I can post about my fave movies in this thread, right? :)

Chuck Palahniuk is an amazing author. I'm not a huge reader, but I have read most of his work and it is mind blowing s**t. I don't want to pull the cliche "the book is so much better than the movie" s**t, but it really is. The ending is different for a start.

This film is also based on a novel by Chuck, also worth your time I would say, although Fight Club is the better movie:

yokel
Headshrinker

Postby johnmartinmarr » 13 Jan 2016, 19:29

i don't like chuk (hehe) palahniuk but i watched choke because i am literally in love with sam rockwell. good stuff

fight club is overrated..... faux cinephile stuff... still good though..... and brad pitt's body in that film is as perfect as a man's body can be... peace.
johnmartinmarr
Bonehead

Postby yokel » 15 Jan 2016, 07:53

johnmartinmarr wrote:i don't like chuk (hehe) palahniuk but i watched choke because i am literally in love with sam rockwell. good stuff

fight club is overrated..... faux cinephile stuff... still good though..... and brad pitt's body in that film is as perfect as a man's body can be... peace.

Ed Norton > Sam Rockwell

Sam Rockwell is very good though. I loved Moon.
yokel
Headshrinker

Postby johnmartinmarr » 15 Jan 2016, 09:56

the big short: 4 bloody stars out of 5.2

the plot is basically 2007-2008 economic collapse for dummies but they made it insanely gripping and fun, steve carell is great in it, so is ryan gosling, and everyone really... watch this film people. ebert is dead now and i'm all you've got......
johnmartinmarr
Bonehead

Postby johnmartinmarr » 15 Jan 2016, 09:58

and yea i agree that objectively ed norton is better than sam rockwell but this is not a very rational thing. you probably do acknowledge that rihanna is better looking than your gf, but you still like your gf more of course. right? right???
johnmartinmarr
Bonehead

Postby Greg House » 15 Jan 2016, 11:45

I watched a great film the other day called Jaws.

You guys should chuck it out. Suspense, hot older guys, loads of salt water... what more could you want?
Greg House
R'Kid

PreviousNext

Return to General