Hey John Martin...

Discuss general topics unrelated to Oasis

Hey John Martin...

Postby excelgum » 15 Jan 2016, 02:17

I saw your lastfm and I saw you've been listening to Jimmy Eat World a lot. I actually had their Clarity album in high school..man, that was such a long time ago. It is a pretty trippy album. But have you heard their album Bleed American???? THAT is probably one of my fave albums ever.....it's pretty obvious though that you would prefer their emo phase and that I would like their pop punk phase....this is common knowledge.....but dude, you gotta check that album out. It rocks harder than a Sophie Dee g.angbang. Just wanted to make this thread 'cause I'm buzzin' on a few beers.
excelgum
Headshrinker

Re: Hey John Martin...

Postby excelgum » 15 Jan 2016, 02:25

This song rocks harder than 97% of music out there today. ;)
excelgum
Headshrinker

Postby excelgum » 15 Jan 2016, 02:39

JMM I guarantee you will like this song, I guarantee it. ;)
excelgum
Headshrinker

Postby excelgum » 15 Jan 2016, 03:07

This was one of my anthems in high school....
excelgum
Headshrinker

Postby johnmartinmarr » 15 Jan 2016, 09:47

yeah man, jimmy eat world was real good for a couple of years. half of "static prevails" is great, clarity is their best, and bleed american rocks too. why don't you listen to this, buddy?

i listened to these like a million times these past months

this song is literally perfect

as is this one from "static prevails" before jim started doing all the singing

c'mon buddy... listen to these pre 9-11 gems. think about all those hours you spent locked up in your HS bathroom crying listening to J.E.W.
johnmartinmarr
Bonehead

Postby johnmartinmarr » 15 Jan 2016, 09:54

clarity is pretty pop punk at times, i love pop punk! and the emo i like is basically pop punk too save a few differences, i don't like very old first wave screaming emo or 2005 myspace emo... though brand new had 2 great albums :oops:
people should listen to more emo dude... like american football... people think emo songs are probably like "oh beautiful angel, please come back or i'll kill myself mate (please come back, mate x2)" but it's nothing like that lol...

when are you going to get your buzz on and throw that am football LP on? do it... for me... for us
johnmartinmarr
Bonehead

Postby excelgum » 15 Jan 2016, 11:37

Yeah dude I actually had the Clarity album in high school...and you'll probably laugh at this...I thought it was pretty "trippy" at the time....it is a pretty unconventional album and I thought it was pretty "out there"....but obviously you know I became obsessed with pop punk when I first joined this site. I was like obsessed with Green Day hehe....and believe it or not I still listen to Green Day a lot....BAT!!!! These days I only listen to female singers and female fronted bands....I was like listening to a s**t load of Francoise Hardy and s.hit....you should listen to her, man. The reason I don't listen to American Football is 'cause they are all males and there is a lack of females in the band....if there were some chicks in the band I would be like "ok maybe I should check them out".
excelgum
Headshrinker

Postby johnmartinmarr » 16 Jan 2016, 13:02

if they had chicks they wouldn't have made that album about not having chicks dude
johnmartinmarr
Bonehead

Postby johnmartinmarr » 16 Jan 2016, 13:41

i can see why young bradley would find it trippy. i mean "goodbye sky harbor" is like 16 mins long and has synths in it. and it's great. pretty crazy for a 90s emo record bruv.
johnmartinmarr
Bonehead

Return to General