BE Live

Forum for fans of Liam Gallagher's solo work and Beady Eye

BE Live

Postby carryusallhere » 06 Aug 2013, 17:06

Best wishes to Gem, hope he gets well and is out of hospital soon. Does anyone know what the accident was that caused his "severe head trauma" and put him in hospital
carryusallhere
Headshrinker

BE Live

Postby Wonsaponatime » 07 Aug 2013, 16:26

carryusallhere wrote:Best wishes to Gem, hope he gets well and is out of hospital soon. Does anyone know what the accident was that caused his "severe head trauma" and put him in hospital

I don't have any further information at this time. Thoughts are with Gem and his family.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

BE Live

Postby Artemisia » 07 Aug 2013, 18:43

carryusallhere wrote:Best wishes to Gem, hope he gets well and is out of hospital soon.
This.
Artemisia
Bigger Than The Beatles

BE Live

Postby Wonsaponatime » 08 Aug 2013, 17:35

Beady Eye regret to announce that they are cancelling their performance at V Festival and their remaining scheduled shows and promotional commitments in August due to guitarist Gem Archer suffering severe head trauma after an accident on August 1st.

The band apologise to fans but under the circumstances feel they can not perform without Gem and want to focus on supporting him throughout his recovery.

Gem was released from hospital yesterday evening and is recovering at home though remains under observation.
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

BE Live

Postby Artemisia » 08 Aug 2013, 18:24

Wonsa, thx for the update on Gem. Btw, please delete that disgusting Gem commemoration thread in General, that thread is just a disgrace. Thx in advance.
Artemisia
Bigger Than The Beatles

BE Live

Postby Mason_100 » 09 Aug 2013, 01:54

Artemisia wrote:Wonsa, thx for the update on Gem. Btw, please delete that disgusting Gem commemoration thread in General, that thread is just a disgrace. Thx in advance.

he's an awful musician.
Mason_100
Rock 'n' Roll Star

BE Live

Postby mozzamarr » 09 Aug 2013, 09:45

Artemisia wrote:Wonsa, thx for the update on Gem. Btw, please delete that disgusting Gem commemoration thread in General, that thread is just a disgrace. Thx in advance.

Grow up. If people can't make fun of Gem then who can they make fun of?
mozzamarr
Bonehead

BE Live

Postby Wonsaponatime » 18 Aug 2013, 19:19

A message from Beady Eye:

"A big thank you to everybody who's been in touch to give messages of support for Gem following his accident. He and his family really appreciate it and so do the band. We are gutted about all the cancelled shows but thank you for understanding that we need to prioritise our mate and his recovery. The good news is Gem is doing well so far and is expected to make a full recovery over the next few weeks. This is just to say thanks for your patience, and for all the messages that have come in from all over the world. We are buzzing about getting back on stage for the UK and Ireland dates in November. Thanks, Beady Eye."
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

BE Live

Postby Wonsaponatime » 03 Oct 2013, 19:10

A message from Gem Archer:

"Hi all.

Gem here saying a big thank you from the bottom of my being to everyone for their kind words, wishes, messages and patience over the past weeks. I am on the mend, not gone round the bend and treading carefully whilst taking each day as a giant leap forward.

I still consider myself lucky, who knows why things happen, but they do and it all could have been much worse but it wasn't.

That was then and as of now, I can't wait to stand with a guitar in my hand alongside the rest of the boys, on a stage in front of some of you from November onwards.

"You can't change the wind, but you can change how you walk into it" as an old friend said to me once. Here's to next time and knowing a little more of how to do the walk!

Bring it on. Thanks again.

Peace, love, luck and respect.

Gem Archer."
Wonsaponatime
Site Admin

BE Live

Postby James Lavelle » 03 Oct 2013, 22:09

:)
*drums*
James Lavelle
Headshrinker

PreviousNext