Explanation needed: Huge difference in Be Here Now reiussues

Discuss the music of Oasis

Explanation needed: Huge difference in Be Here Now reiussues

Postby popilolo » 14 Oct 2016, 06:29

There is a pretty massive difference in respect to the BHN reissue from region to region and even store to store. The difference concerns track # 8 on disc 3 "Trip Inside (Be Here Now) (Mustique Demo)"

Example:

In the US iTunes store, they have a version of this track that is clocked in at 4:48. This version (known as 4:48 for the rest of this post) is the ACTUAL Mustique BHN demo as should be expected to be heard on the album. It fits with the other demos (Noel on vocals etc) and is sonically obvious to be the correct track.

This is a screengrab of the US iTunes store web listing, it is the same in the iTunes client and upon purchasing you receive the 4:48 track
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/be-he ... 1135243205

The UK iTunes store has a different song available in the same slot on the album, yet it retains the exact same title and does not even remotely sound like BHN. It clocks in at 3:35 and is an instrumental track and its completely unknown what is actually is. Screengrab and direct link provided:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/be-he ... 1134953475

This isn't just limited to the iTunes digital versions. There are dozens of reports of people receiving their physical copies from all around the world and each having one of the two versions of this track on it. A fan who imported the Japanese version reported on a fansite that particular version (physical CD) contained the 3:35 track. Two fans in Germany each bought the CD version in different shops and each one had a different version. Spotify seems to only have the 3:35 instrumental available on any of their regional services and other stores tend to vary in respect to which they are advertising. The only digital retailer confirmed to be offering the 4:48 is US iTunes. Since the release is literally just occurring now, its unknown as to what other people in other countries are to receive.

Just recently, Sony in Japan posted that there was a change in respect to this track
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/Oasis/info/473746

Simply, why was this track swapped? What exactly is the 3:35 song?

There is no precedent that can be pointed to as far as I know as to what happened here. An explanation and statement from Oasis' management is warranted here.
popilolo
Bonehead

Re: Explanation needed: Huge difference in Be Here Now reius

Postby bast » 14 Oct 2016, 07:04

As the official store still states the track length 4:48 I assume my super deluxe boxset will have the 4:48 track included and not something else all of a sudden. Thank you

bast
Bonehead

Postby yokel » 14 Oct 2016, 08:52

popilolo wrote:There is no precedent that can be pointed to as far as I know as to what happened here. An explanation and statement from Oasis' management is warranted here.

Pure insanity.
yokel
Headshrinker

Postby Gallagheresque » 14 Oct 2016, 15:24

I have the CD and have an instrumental track as Trip inside ( Be here Now)

did think it sounded nothing like the finished version.
Gallagheresque
Bonehead

Postby harrispcarl » 15 Oct 2016, 19:25

mu super deluxe version came with the 3.35 version (basically the wrong track).... lash up..
harrispcarl
Bonehead

Postby popilolo » 19 Oct 2016, 18:49

Seriously? There's nothing that can be said about why these tracks were swapped?
popilolo
Bonehead

Postby EFC_BELFAST » 21 Oct 2016, 09:25

popilolo wrote:Seriously? There's nothing that can be said about why these tracks were swapped?

The Admin on here, Management and the Record Label are saying nothing about it except that it was changed deliberately, rumour says there's an uncleared Rolling Stones sample at the start of it, the sample is there but don't know if the uncleared part is true.

If someone would come out and officially tell us why it was changed and what the instrumental is called then it would be a big help.
EFC_BELFAST
Bonehead

Postby Pekoe » 21 Oct 2016, 10:33

Just registered to post my comment on here.

I emailed management yesterday and received this reply:

We have spoken with the management company and they have confirmed that the track listing is correct and is not faulty - this is how it’s intended to be. The track should be 3.35. Therefore, we can assure you that you have received the correct audio. It is an instrumental track called ‘Trip Inside’.

If you are dissatisfied with this product please contact Oasisinet and they will be happy to arrange a refund.

Kind Regards,
Ignition Team

A week after this remaster came out, there's still no official explanation from management/record label about why this release got a week delyaed and why this demo has been replaced.
If my copy has the correct audio like mentioned in the email I received, people who got the Noel sung Trip Inside (Be Here Now Demo) must have received the "incorrect" audio, therefore shouldn't they get refund? Also running time on my booklet says it's 4:48,not 3:35.
Everyone knows now that there's 2 different copies of these demo's are floating around all over the world.
An clear and honest official statement from management/label is highly appreciated.
Pekoe
Bonehead

Postby EFC_BELFAST » 21 Oct 2016, 11:57

Pekoe wrote:Just registered to post my comment on here.

I emailed management yesterday and received this reply:

We have spoken with the management company and they have confirmed that the track listing is correct and is not faulty - this is how it’s intended to be. The track should be 3.35. Therefore, we can assure you that you have received the correct audio. It is an instrumental track called ‘Trip Inside’.

If you are dissatisfied with this product please contact Oasisinet and they will be happy to arrange a refund.

Kind Regards,
Ignition Team

A week after this remaster came out, there's still no official explanation from management/record label about why this release got a week delyaed and why this demo has been replaced.
If my copy has the correct audio like mentioned in the email I received, people who got the Noel sung Trip Inside (Be Here Now Demo) must have received the "incorrect" audio, therefore shouldn't they get refund? Also running time on my booklet says it's 4:48,not 3:35.
Everyone knows now that there's 2 different copies of these demo's are floating around all over the world.
An clear and honest official statement from management/label is highly appreciated.

The release wasn't delayed by a week, it was released on 14th October which is when it was supposed to be released, although the download only came out today in the UK.

The correct audio track was available on the North American itunes and I think may also be on some copies of the CD in Europe but everywhere else has the instrumental, Ignition are trying to lie to fans if they are saying that the track on the CD is called Trip Inside, the promo copies of the CD have the correct track with Noel singing.

The girl I spoke to confirmed that the track was changed at the last minute, the instrumental sounds nothing like the other Mustique tracks so it's definitely not from those sessions in my opinion.
EFC_BELFAST
Bonehead

Return to The Music