Looking for missing Oasis fan

Discuss general topics unrelated to Oasis

Looking for missing Oasis fan

Postby JonnaMoonbeam » 14 Mar 2017, 18:45

I have a weird question. In 1999-2001 I had a boyfriend who was a major Oasis fan. We were madly in love but due to difficult circumstances everything crashed down around us and while suffering a depression he vanished in December 2000. The day he disappeared he tried to call me 11 times but I was working and away from the 'phone. After that he was gone.

All I know is that his family also called his old work (as did I) to ask if they'd heard anything. After that I never heard anything, his family never contacted me as I caused that he left his wife... I assumed that he killed himself then, but I don't know...And I really need closure on this - hence being desperate enough to ask here. If he is/has been active here it means he didn't die then, and he might hsve gone missing and come back later...I think he felt that he had failed a lot of people.

But I'm desperate to find out what happened and thought if he lived he might have gone on this forum. As I said he loved Oasis obsessively and was active in the NME forum back when we met. Basically I guess I hope he sees this...he was born March 12 1973 and disappeared in December 2001. Please contact me if you know anything! He loved Oasis (Digsy's dinner was our song), Tottenham hotspurs, born in London (east, but moved to west), worked at a buisness bank and on NNE he called himself beckham772. A desperate attempt this but...I've waited 15 years to find out what happened and I'll try anything!
JonnaMoonbeam
Bonehead

Re: Looking for missing Oasis fan

Postby James Whatever » 16 Mar 2017, 20:20

You dont how lucky u r that this forum is no longer as active as it used to be. The bad guz r gone.

Anyway, I hope you'll find answers to your questions. Unfortunately I can't help you,. Good luck.
James Whatever
Bonehead

Postby JonnaMoonbeam » 22 Mar 2017, 15:43

I understand that you can't help, and big thanks for replying, but what do u mean I'm lucky? @JamesWhatever
JonnaMoonbeam
Bonehead

Postby yokel » 24 Mar 2017, 15:16

JonnaMoonbeam wrote:I have a weird question. In 1999-2001 I had a boyfriend who was a major Oasis fan. We were madly in love but due to difficult circumstances everything crashed down around us and while suffering a depression he vanished in December 2000. The day he disappeared he tried to call me 11 times but I was working and away from the 'phone. After that he was gone.

All I know is that his family also called his old work (as did I) to ask if they'd heard anything. After that I never heard anything, his family never contacted me as I caused that he left his wife... I assumed that he killed himself then, but I don't know...And I really need closure on this - hence being desperate enough to ask here. If he is/has been active here it means he didn't die then, and he might hsve gone missing and come back later...I think he felt that he had failed a lot of people.

But I'm desperate to find out what happened and thought if he lived he might have gone on this forum. As I said he loved Oasis obsessively and was active in the NME forum back when we met. Basically I guess I hope he sees this...he was born March 12 1973 and disappeared in December 2001. Please contact me if you know anything! He loved Oasis (Digsy's dinner was our song), Tottenham hotspurs, born in London (east, but moved to west), worked at a buisness bank and on NNE he called himself beckham772. A desperate attempt this but...I've waited 15 years to find out what happened and I'll try anything!

What in tarnation.

You had an affair with a married bloke, he left his wife for you, you drove him to suicide, now you're seeking closure on an internet message board. And to compound it all, Digsy's Dinner is your favourite song. What an incredible human.

Have you considered getting in touch with Jeremy Kyle? They'd love a bit of you.
yokel
Headshrinker

Postby JonnaMoonbeam » 24 Mar 2017, 15:44

yokel wrote:What in tarnation.

You had an affair with a married bloke, he left his wife for you, you drove him to suicide, now you're seeking closure on an internet message board. And to compound it all, Digsy's Dinner is your favourite song. What an incredible human.

Have you considered getting in touch with Jeremy Kyle? They'd love a bit of you.

Oh, that's classy! Thank you for sticking another knife in there and really giving it a good turn. How about getting the full story before you judge people? I was 18 when I met him and I have loved him and missed him every day since then. He was my world and all we wanted was a life together. He separated from his wife and everything seemed to be working out, we were a month away from moving in together when his wife decided to make him pay for leaving her. And when he lost his job... As I said I was so young. I had thought he had died once before and the pain of that never went away. I tried to be there for him but had suffered a miscarriage that broke me down and had such a hard time getting by I was always a day from living out in the streets and didn't want to burden him with it. It's hard to carry someone else on your shoulders when you're barely able to get on your feet yourself. But go ahead and turn that knife again and again... I'm so used to doing it myself I'm numb by now. And before you judge people take a moment to think. It's not that easy to support each other when you're both deep in depression and can't see how there will ever be a future.
JonnaMoonbeam
Bonehead

Postby yokel » 24 Mar 2017, 15:53

JonnaMoonbeam wrote:we were a month away from moving in together when his wife decided to make him pay for leaving her

This must have been incredibly inconvenient for you. I feel your pain.

May I suggest self harming as a form of coping? Remember to aim for a main artery, and cut down the road, not across the street. Also, try and do it while no one else is around -- nobody likes an attention whore!
yokel
Headshrinker

Postby JonnaMoonbeam » 24 Mar 2017, 16:14

[quote="yokel"]

This must have been incredibly inconvenient for you. I feel your pain.

May I suggest self harming as a form of coping? Remember to aim for a main artery, and cut down the road, not across the street. Also, try and do it while no one else is around -- nobody likes an attention whore![/quoteyou

You must be so bitter. It's sad to see. I don't care what you think about me, obviously you have no idea and not imagination enough to be able to understand. It's not that easy to lose a baby, think you've lost the love of your life and not know if you will ever be able to have a life together. Mock me if it helps you and makes you feel better about your own life, I don't care about your opinion. You have no idea how much I loved him, I still think about him every day and the guilt and pain flushes through me like a flood. But as I said, go ahead and mock me, belittle me and our love, if it makes you feel better about yourself.
JonnaMoonbeam
Bonehead

Postby mozzamarr » 21 May 2017, 03:34

Digsy's dinner was terrible.
mozzamarr
Bonehead

Postby JonnaMoonbeam » 21 May 2017, 06:49

mozzamarr wrote:Digsy's dinner was terrible.

Well it wasn't the song itself but the lyrics, they were pretty poignant when he was still married and all we wanted was the sort if ordinary relationship other couples had.
JonnaMoonbeam
Bonehead

Return to General